Innovative. Intuitive. Connected.
Sandra has led entrepreneurial businesses for 30 years. As founder of the very successful Tinhorn Creek Vineyards, Sandra managed its growth from 1,000 cases to over 40,000 cases of wine in the first six years of business. Well versed in how to find and form cohesive teams sharing a positive culture, Sandra transferred these talents to Elysian Projects when the winery sold. She remains a central figure in the BC wine industry with co-creating and running the successful Fortify Conference, an annual business conference for Artisan Fermenters and Distillers across the province. She also works as an Executive in Residence for a variety of Canadian business incubators and accelerators.
Sandra’s Key Business Strengths include:
- Helping businesses develop a system of setting goals to get them closer to their long-term vision
- Identifying ways to improve engagement with employees
- Implementing human resource systems including recruitment, regular meetings, performance management and health and safety
- Strategic planning with community organizations and businesses
- Canada’s 100 Most Powerful Women—Trailblazers and Trendsetters
- Canada’s Safest Employer, Hospitality
BC wine industry Founders Award
- BC Restaurant Hall of Fame
- Founder #BCWineChat on twitter
- Co-Founder Fortify Conference
Adaptive. Logical. Collected.
Kenn has worked in the wine industry for 25 years. Building on his degree in Chemical Engineering, he completed the coursework for a Masters in Viticulture at California’s UC Davis. Kenn was the leading partner in developing Tinhorn Creek winery from grass roots vineyard planting, through winery design and construction, to growth to 40,000 case per year production. He has an in-depth knowledge of viticulture, winemaking, process design, project management, business and financial planning and implementation, and regulatory interpretation and implementation. Kenn currently sits on the Board of other BC wineries as an independent director.
Kenn’s key business strengths include:
- Development of comprehensive business plans
- Identifying areas and methods of improvement in existing businesses plans
- Assessment of financial performance against industry norms
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies
- Project management and coordination